9 Ways to Build Your House on the Rock
|Photo Cinque Terre Italy Rocks by Bella Balla|
Jesus said if we build our house/lives on his words we will survive life's storms.
“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
"And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock."
" And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand."
"And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”(Matthew 7:24-27)
So how do you build your house/life on the rock?
- Love your enemies.
- Bless those who curse you. Don't use your words to curse them but speak kind words to them and about them.
- Do good to those who hate you. Don't return evil for evil.
- Pray for those who spitefully use you.
- Pray, fast and do your good deeds without broadcasting them to everyone.
- Don't judge others because we all stumble in many things (James 3:2)
- What you want others to do for you, do for them.
- Beware of false teachers. Make sure to look at their deeds as well as their doctrine.
- Don't worry but ask, seek and knock. Make your requests known to God and He will answer you.
Ask God to help you build your house on the rock and He will gladly oblige.